Mechanical Engineering Department has been one of the core branches, which was started right at the inception of the SCAD College of Engineering & Technology in 2003. The department of Mechanical engineering has grown from strength to strength and as on date, it has matured into a pillar of strength for the SCAD College of Engineering & Technology. In order to meet the manpower of the rapidly growing Industrial base and infrastructure of our country, the SCAD College of Engineering & Technology is at present offering three PG course in the thrust area of CAD/CAM.
The courses have been affiliated to Anna University in such a way that students get the necessary depth in the chosen area of specialization while absorbing the necessary back up knowledge so as to maintain the required breadth in the general Technological Scenario. Special efforts have been made to enable the students to translate the theoretical knowledge with laboratory & field level experience.
The department has an efficient and dedicated team of faculty members with 2 Doctorates and 7 pursuing PhDs. The Department Association -'SMART' has conducts National level conferences, Technical Symposium,Workshops and Guest lectures to enhance knowledge about recent trends and advancements in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
The Department also takes in students for research leading to Ph.D. degrees.
1) NBA Accredited.
2) Dale Carnegie certified faculty members trained by WIPRO Mission 10X Programme.
3) Record of University Ranks secured by Students.
4) Students encouraged to achieve their goals in an ethical way.
5) Culture of positive thinking and self-motivation in the minds of our young engineers.
6) Excellent infrastructure in terms of manpower, books, teaching aids& sophisticated equipment for producing excellent Engineers.
7) Exposure to industries through periodical industrial visits and ambient opportunities to take up industrial attachment or apprenticeship.
8) Well established Laboratories with upgraded tools in par with the technical advancements.
9) AICTE funded Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD ) Lab.