- The students of SCAD College of Engineering & Technology shall follow strict discipline and code of conduct. If they fail to follow directions of the Principal, they are liable to prescribed actions that are laid out in the College Code of Conduct for the students.
- The college conducts regular assembly every Monday and Friday at 8.40 am to help the students develop character, wholesome personality, personal ethics and orderly behaviour of students in the society at large. Important announcements shall be made in this assembly sessions. Students can not plead ignorance of such announcements, unless any student was absent on that day. All students and staff members are required to attend the same without fail.
- Students are strongly advised not to miss any lectures, without justified reasons and are permitted by the Head of Department and Principal to do so. Seventy five percentattendance is mandatory for appearing for the semester examinations. Those who fall below the prescribed attendance will not be permitted to appear for the semester examinations.
- The following leave can be availed by students, if necessary and upon prior consent from the Principal.
- Institute Leave
- On- Duty Leave
- Medical Leave
- Hostel Leave
- The students shall respect and their teachers and behave with reverence and order.
Ragging is a social menace and is strictly prohibited at the SCAD Group of Institutions, its hostels, playgrounds and other college premises. The top management of SCAD Group of Institutions and the respective colleges in association with the 'Anti-Ragging Committee' consisting of members of college governing council members, teachers and students endeavor constantly to make every campus in the SCAD Group of Institutions 'Ragging Free'.
The offense of ragging is not only punishable under the provisions Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997, but also under various provisions envisaged in several sections of Indian Penal Code, 1860. Students involved in such obnoxious practices will be liable in addition to prosecution before the criminal courts, for rustication, dismissal and expulsion from the colleges.